Monday, March 19, 2012

So Far

I am by God's grace alone eating gluten free for 2 weeks and 1 day now.  I am thankful for that.  I have eaten out a few times, probably 3, and think I ate gluten free, but cannot guarantee.  Today the tostada type things I had at a buffet were corn tortillas with cheese and a bean dip type sauce over top.  The cheese sauce could have had gluten.  I am not sure.  I have not gotten to the point where i am asking restaurants what is gluten free.  I am sort of guessing.  This is probably not the best thing for me to do.

dining,food,households,Photographs,recipe cards,recipes,text 

I am learning lots of recipes and things that are really pleasing to my body and do not leave me hungering for more food.  I want to share some recipes and foods and things as I learn them.  Some of my favorites this week are:


  • Chicken salad (made fresh myself)
  • Egg salad (or just boiled eggs plain)
  • Chili (from Wendy's) and add a little shredded cheese
  • Tostada's-the shell with refried beans, sour cream, cheese, salsa, tomatoes and lettuce
  • Several types of chocolate candy bars-rolo's being one of them
  • Lays Stax-I like the cheddar flavor
  • scrambled eggs with turkey sausage and a drizzle of syrup over it
  • Apples dipped in caramel
That is some for now.  There are so many more.  I am so looking forward to seeing my body become healtheir and more energized as I continue eating to nourish my body.

More later!
Kim :)



No comments:

Post a Comment